Best Coil Springs for Jeep TJ, JK & XJ – Top Rated Coil Spring of 2020
Every jeep owner desires for a smooth ride, no matter how bumpy the roads are. The Jeep models have this USP of delivering a top-notch performance on all types of routes, be it hilly or rough. The suspension of any automobile is vital to provide a smooth driving experience. Coil springs are the parts of this suspension system for any vehicle. These coils are meant to absorb the shocks that are produced due to the motion of the car. As the jeep is the number one choice of the people that are into traveling and adventure, the coil springs for a vehicle are powerful, having more ability to provide with the shock absorbance.
A coil spring helps to maintain the force between the connecting parts of the vehicle. These coils are used in suspension for both the rear and front sides of the vehicle. Although all jeep models such as Wrangler, TJ, etc come with an excellent suspension system, it is good to be aware of the alternatives for the coil springs in the times of emergency. There are many reputed brands in the automobile industry that make the coil springs that are suitable for all jeep models and also match the performance of the original ones installed in it. If you are looking for replacing the spring coils of your jeep, then it is essential to buy the ones that are suitable for your model.
As there are many options available for the same, I have made a list of best coil springs for jeeps after researching and brainstorming all the available options. Let’s have a look at the top five alternatives for coil spring for jeeps.
Best Coil Springs for Jeep TJ, JK & XJ
1. Rubicon Express Coil Spring for Jeep XJ
Rubicon Express tops the list when it comes to the wide range of options available for the different models of the jeep as well as other vehicles. You can search the coil spring suitable for your vehicle by entering the model name, year and other details. The coil springs are available easily online and have gained a lot of popularity due to their excellent performance. All the coil springs are tested for checking the load capacity to ensure that it is compatible with bearing increased load.
- The coils are coated with powder silver coating to resist rust and corrosion.
- All the coils are manufactured using high-strength material and advanced processes in the industry exclusively.
- The lift height of the springs is 7.5 inches.
- The coil springs are generally sold as pairs and can be mounted in the front of your vehicle.
- This specific alternative can fits all the models from 1997 to 2006 of Jeep TJ Wrangler as well as the models from 1984 to 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee.
2. Moog Coil Spring for Jeep XJ
One of the most trusted and bought coil spring among the people is this Moog Coil spring. It is the perfect option for replacing the old coils in your jeep. The coils are designed with a unique cutting edge design that delivers better and superior performance. It has added features such as new steering that is preferred by professional technicians for an excellent suspension system. Apart from jeep models, the coil spring is also suitable for other commercial vehicles. This coil spring is durable, safe and can bear more load as compared to the alternatives.
- Moog coil springs are made from high-strength material and are available for an extensive range of vehicles.
- The coil springs are vinyl-coated that provides resistance against corrosion and also increases the longevity of the spring.
- The springs are easy to install and aids in lowering the stress caused due to the shocks.
- It is pre-tested for load capacity and also provides additional support to the vehicle.
- The springs help in restoring the height to the original position during the ride.
3. ACDelco Professional Rear Coil Spring Set for Jeep TJ
ACDelco rear coil spring set is also one of the excellent options to consider for your Jeep. It contains cylindrical-shaped springs that are suitable for all the models. The springs are made from the high-quality steel wire, which acts as a perfect replacement coil spring for your car. The fit of the coil and its functions are up to the mark. It helps the vehicle in loading capacity and also reduces the risk of misalignment. The coil springs are readily available in the market online and are reasonably priced.
- The coil spring works efficiently with the suspension system to absorb the shocks produced due to the vertical motions of the wheels.
- It can give 1.75 inches to 2 inches of lift to the Jeep models.
- There are options for both front and rear applications available.
- The coils work well and deliver exceptional performance for Jeep Wrangler, XJ and other models.
- It is also able to withstand the pressure produced due to the motion of the Jeep created due to driving on uneven surfaces.
4. Rusty’s Lift Rear Coil Springs for Jeep TJ
If you think any coil spring can work optimally with every type of vehicle, then my friend, you are misguided. The coil springs are needed to be tested and checked for the different models to ensure that it delivers desirable performance. Rusty spring coils are tested individually and tuned for giving the best on-road experience. With the experience of over 30 years, the brand has developed this coil spring with the help of computer-aided modeling. The built quality is worth the price it comes for and you can definitely invest in this product to replace the spring coil for your jeeps. The buyers have praised it off-road as well as on-road performance.
- The coil spring provides the vehicle with the three inches of rear lift.
- It comes with a black powder coat finishing that adds to its longevity and also makes it durable.
- The coil springs are pre-tested for load-carrying capacity and they can bear the large loads without affecting the performance.
- This specific alternative of the spring coil is suitable for Jeep Wrangler TJ and LJ.
5. Rough Country coil springs for Jeep TJ
What is better than getting a kit of coil springs at a great price? Nothing, right! If you are on a budget and yet don’t want to compromise with the product’s quality, you can also opt for this kit by Royal Country. These coil springs have a strong steel construction that adds to its durability and longevity. These springs’ overall structure and quality make them suitable for use with larger tires and thus are ideal for Jeep Wrangler TJ, LJ, and more.
- The coil springs offer an unmatched ground clearance both on and off-road.
- These coil springs are easy-to-install and also maintain the factory ride quality.
- As the springs are factory-tuned to the OE spring rate, it doesn’t affect the ride’s quality after its installation.
- The set features both lifted front and rear coil springs that help you achieve a taller profile and excellent performance.
- The springs are backed by the lifetime replacement warranty from Rough Country.
6. ARB Coil Spring
Another excellent option that you can consider for getting Jeep TJ coil springs is this one from the house of ARB Old Man Emu. The brand is known for having a range of coil springs for each vehicle so that it becomes convenient for the users to install these springs and get the desired height. Apart from the height, the brand also emphasizes on improving the ride control in the vehicles. The coil springs come in a pair at an affordable price, so you can consider this one too if you are on a budget.
- These front coil springs are designed to give a perfect fit for your vehicle as per the precise specifications.
- As these springs are heavy-duty, it can lift the more massive load with ease.
- The coil springs have a durable powder coat finishing.
- The manufacturers recommend using their brand’s shock absorbers and these springs to enhance the coil springs’ performance.
- These coil springs are suitable for Jeep Wrangler TJ and other 4WD as well.
7. Teraflex Coil Spring for Jeep TJ Wrangler
The last option in this list is Teraflex Coil Spring. Like Rubicon Express, this brand also a wide range of coils for different models of Jeep as well as other vehicles. The coils are engineered to maintain a dynamic balance between the front and rear load bias. It assists the automobile with the optimum suspension travel for both on and off-road. The coils are also tested for rate tuning and load-bearing capacity. As the coil has a high number of active coils, it improves the overall performance and maintains consistency.
- The coils provide three inches of rear lift to Jeep TJ Wrangler.
- All the Teraflex coil springs are powder coated for providing superior protection.
- It is designed in a unique way to decrease the spring sag as well as fatigue, which aids in extending its life.
- The coil springs come with a limited lifetime warranty for any defects or damage.
- When clubbed together with shock absorbers, the coils help in both improving compression and vehicle stability.
8. EVO-1401 Coil Springs pair for JK
If you are searching for the best coil spring for your Jeep JK model, then this alternative is best suited for you. The coils are designed to give a smooth ride and avoid bumpy rides. It is specifically tuned for delivering the best performance both on and off the road. All the springs are checked under the strict quality control rounds, and only after it meets the standards, it is introduced for sale. The coil springs can be used along with additional accessories such as bumpers, winches, etc to get the excellent shock absorbance and raised lift for your jeep.
- The coil springs are powder coated with a black finish to give protection against corrosion as wear and tear.
- It provides three inches of lift to the Jeep JK models.
- The coils are easy to install and give a smoother ride as compared to other coil springs available in the market.
- Evo coil springs can be used in both front and rear for removing factory rake while lifting the vehicle.
9. Pro Comp Rear Coil Spring for Jeep JK
Another alternative for people looking for a coil spring for their Jeep Wrangler JK is this Pro comp rear coil spring. The brand is a trusted brand when it comes to suspension and other automobile accessories. The coil springs deliver excellent performance for both on and off-road rides. It is designed to improve the shock absorbance of the vehicle, which in turn gives a soft and smooth ride.
- The coil springs are fit perfectly for Jeep Wrangler JK models.
- It provides a rear lift up to 3.25 inches to the vehicles.
- The springs are designed to carry more load along with improving the overall ride experience.
- The rear coils are easy to install, durable and also provide better suspension.
- Pro comp rear coil springs come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Hence you can contact the customer support if there is any query related to the product.
Now that you know some of the best-rated coil springs for Jeep wrangler TJ let’s quickly go through the frequently asked questions about the coil springs and the things one should consider while buying.
What are some of the factors one should consider before buying the coil springs?
Not all coil springs are compatible with your Jeep, and hence you have to check that if the ones you are buying should be compatible with Jeep models. Other factors while deciding the final option can be the overall-built of the springs, weight-bearing capacity, ground clearance, warranty, and the coil springs’ price. Make sure to check all the specifications and features to make an informed choice about the springs.
Can we just replace one coil spring at a time?
The answer to that would be No. You shouldn’t just replace one of them as it can create a ride height difference due to wear and tear. It is recommended to always opt for a pair of springs while you are replacing the coil springs.
What is the lifespan of coil springs?
There is no single word answer to this question, as this differs depending upon several parameters such as quality of the coil springs, wear & tear, maintenance, and more. Damaged or corroded coil springs start making a rattling sound that can be an indication for replacing them.
What factors negatively impact the longevity of the coil springs?
Factors such as temperature and weather affect the longevity of the coil springs the most. Driving rashly over speed bumps or potholes can also damage the springs. Hence it is recommended to lower the speed for the bumps.
It is vital to replace the coil springs of your vehicle if it starts sagging or even it is worn out. The saggy coil can be a cause of premature tire wear as well as tire misalignment.
All the alternatives mentioned above have excellent on-road performance and improved load-bearing capacity. My recommendation out of this list would be Rubicon Express or ACDelco professional spring coils for jeep models. Make sure to check all the specifications and details of the coil spring before you buy it. Check the compatibility of the coil you choose with your vehicle. All of these coils are easy to install, yet you can watch some tutorials or read a blog for getting a proper guide to install it.