The jeep – what an excellent, heavy-duty innovation for all of who love riding tough! Surely, your jeep has survived many adventures with you, and you can’t wait to go on more drives.
But, often times, the road is not smooth. You may have to drive on difficult terrains, highways, etc., jeopardizing the safety of your vehicle. So, do you not ride at all? Of course, not! You buy the best jeep lift kit for highway driving and zoom off happily!
Now, we understanding purchasing the right lift kit can be a challenge because the market has many generic options. Worry not, though, because we have all the answers for you. Read on to go through our list of the best!
How to buy a jeep lift kit for highway driving
Since there are multiple different options, you must know how to pick the right one from the crowd. To do so, you should first understand your requirements. Why do you want to lift your jeep? Is it only for highway driving or do you also want to improve its aesthetics? Will you also be driving it through mud, snow, deep sand, etc.? Pen down your exact requirements and then follow the pointers below:
- Plan your budget. This is important because lifts can be very expensive, especially the large ones. Also, since you will be investing in tires, you will have to keep them in mind as well. Large tires are also quite expensive. You can expect to spend anywhere above a thousand dollars for both lifts and tires.
- Be clear on the modifications you want to make. In the first step, you may have had a ballpark but here, you have to be clear on every single modification. Any deviations can throw your budget off and create confusion during the purchasing stage.
- Decide the best tires for you. This will depend on how long you may spend on the highway and other roads that you may tread. There are basically two main tires – all-terrain and mud-terrain. All-terrain tires are the best for highways. They reduce noise and provide consistent handling. While you are at it, choose the right size of tires as well. Standard vehicles only allow 30-inch tires. If you want larger tires, you will need more lift. So, the purchase will depend on the size of the tires. For example, if you want to fit 35-inch tires, you need a good 4-5-inch lift. A small lift will not help you with this, for sure.
- Find the right lift kit for highway driving. After collecting all the requirements and understanding what you should buy, your job will become easier. Now, you just have to go online and start shopping!
Pro tip: There are many lift kits on the market, which means you will find one even in a tight budget. However, if you want reliability and durability, we recommend that you have a flexible budget. It is going to be a one-time purchase. Make sure it is a good one! ☺
Best Jeep Lift Kit for Highway Driving
1. YITAMOTOR Wheel Spacers for Jeep JK Forged Hub-centric Wheel Adapters
This lift kit is the second edition of YITAMOTOR wheel spacers. The initial version went through a much-needed upgrade, giving us this wonderful lift kit. Let’s quickly go through all the updates so that you decide if you should buy it. (YES!)
- It is compatible with 2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler JK JKU, 2008-2018 Dodge Journey, 2005-2010 Commander XK, and 1999-2010 Grand Cherokee WJ WK. If you have any other jeep, we recommend that you skip to the next product or contact the manufacturers for compatibility assistance.
- It is hub-centric, meaning that your jeep will not just look aggressive but also perform much better than before. Stability, performance, and handling, all of them are better with this lift kit.
- The spacers also work to increase the tire clearance.
- They help you solve the brake caliber clearance issues as well.
- The body has an anodized surface that is resistant to corrosion. This provides added safety and durability even during harsh conditions.
2. Rough Country Front Control Arm Drop/Relocation Lift Kit for Highway Driving
Rough Country is among the most popular options when it comes to lift kits, and it is quite evident why. The brand offers highly durable and reliable lift kits. It also backs its products with a lifetime warranty. What else does it offer? Keep reading!
- Enjoy better ride quality even on difficult surfaces such as highways.
- Get a better drive-shaft angle.
- Forget about the front control arm angle because this kit takes care of it perfectly.
- Correct castor without having to use cam-bolts and other tools.
- Weight shifting while taking a turn or braking abruptly will now be smoother.
- It is easy to install, but you should be doubly sure about how well you have installed the nuts. If they are not tight enough, you may face issues. The manufacturers recommend that you check the tightness after 500 miles and after subsequent 1000 miles.
3. Mopar 2012-2015 Jeep Wrangler Two Door Two Lift Kit – 77070095AC
Specially made for the Jeep Wrangler, the Mopar lift kit is an excellent choice for you. It is a kit consisting of 2 lifts and suits 33 tires the most. However, it will also work pretty well with 35 tires. Let’s take a closer look at it features:
- It is a 2-inch lift kit consisting of FOX Racing Shocks.
- It only suits Jeep Wrangler models from 2012 to 2015 that have 3.6L engines.
- It works to smoothen your ride regardless of the kind of road.
- Ride comfort is guaranteed with this lovely lift kit.
- Enjoy better control and enhanced capabilities only with this lift kit.
- The installation may take hours. So, if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself, we suggest you leave it to a professional mechanic.
4. MotoFab Lifts – Full Lift Kit for Highway Driving
The MotoFab lifts will lift your jeep by a good 3 inches! The kit has both front and rear lifts, providing an equal level of lift. You must note, though, that this lift kit is only compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK manufactured from 07-18. Here are a few more features that you must be aware of:
- The kit includes shock extenders for the front and the rear ends.
- The lifts are highly durable as they are made with high grade steel and black powder coat finish.
- The manufacturers say that you can also install 35-inch tires with these lifts.
- Installation is super easy because you just have to bolt it in. The kit has all the hardware you need as well.
- Other items in the kit are 2 front coil spacers, 2 rear coil spacers, brake line brackets, and an instruction manual.
- The entire installation process without professional help will take around 8 to 10 hours.
- A few users have complained that the given instructions were not clear but since the installation process is straightforward, you won’t struggle a lot. You can also look at videos online for added help.
- It is one of the best lift kits in its price range and that is why, it is definitely worth purchasing.
5. Pro Comp K3099B 2.5” Lift Kit with Coils and ES9000 Shocks for Jeep JK 07-10
As the name suggests, the Pro Comp lift kit with coils and shocks is compatible only with Jeep JK models from 2007 to 2010. It is an excellent suspension lift kit that comes packed with features. Let’s go through them:
- It comes with front and rear shocks and coil springs, along with front sway bar drops, bar bracket, and hardware.
- It provides easy clearance for 35in.
- It lets you drive with seamless steering without any bump-steer whatsoever.
- It reduces axle-wrap and increases load capacity.
- Handling your jeep will not just be easy but also fun with this lift kit.
- It allows lift up to 2.5 inches, which is perfect. This height will ensure the same or better drive quality.
We told you we would give you the best, and we did! This is our list of the best jeep lift kits for highway driving, and we hope you choose one of these. Do let us know your thoughts in Comments!