How to Clean Jeep Soft Top? – Best Maintenance and Cleaning Guidelines
Being a Jeep owner, maintenance is the most challenging part and also a mainstream struggle. To lessen this burden, here’s an article with all the solutions regarding your maintenance related problems. We have solutions for protecting jeeps from stone chips, bug splatters, minor abrasions, sun rays and much more. There are a lot of instances when the car stations are too far and your vehicle has all the dirt it could have. To help you with such situations, we will share some helpful tips and tricks to keep it upgraded.
How to Clean Jeep Soft Top?
Before we jump into the solutions, let’s make it clear that cleaning the jeep once or twice a year won’t make any difference and it also won’t get cleaned properly. So, we suggest you to clean it once every few days. Have a routine for regular cleaning and maintenance to keep your jeep in a better state. There are few products such as Mopar, Bestop, and Raggtop that help you to restore your vehicle’s shine.
There are three easy ways to speed up your cleaning process by making it simpler. So now let’s find out these ways to clean the jeep soft top with ease.
1. Cleaning the Soft Top Fabric
- Firstly, use a hose to rinse off the dirt and grime from the soft top.
- Now, soak a cloth with shampoo or use Chemical Guys foaming soap, a vehicle fabric cleaner.
- Rub the solution on the soft top and for best results, move the brush in straight-line motion.
- Even after this procedure, you might notice a few patches as well as bird droppings on the jeep. To remove such stubborn spots, use the interior cleaning brush.
- In the end, dry up the soft top with shammy towel and let the vehicle dry on its own. Do not rub it harshly as it can damage the soft top.
2. Waterproofing Soft Top Hood
Edges are the most prominent part of a vehicle and if it’s a jeep, then it is the essential part. To maintain it,
- Cover the edges and seams between the jeep’s hood and body.
- After which we can use the protective spray which resists moisture, a major factor causing mold.
- We suggest you get one Raggtopp Vinyl protectant, 303 UV Protectant or any similar vinyl protectant spray to waterproof the soft top of your jeep.
3. Cleaning Windows
- Maintaining clean windows is essentials for any automobile.
- Wipe the windows thoroughly with water.
- After the windows are dried, use a cleaning solution to apply on glass and wipe it properly.
- A few drops of plastic repairing liquid can create magic to your vehicle.
- One tip to avoid damage to your windows is to avoid using cleaners containing alcohol or ammonia.
- Also, polish spray can harm the windows and make it yellow.
- Avoid paper towels, especially to wipe the windows or to even dry the windows.
- Let the window dry itself with the natural air.
Tips for Maintaining your Jeep
- If you are a lazy cleaner and clean your vehicle once a month, then avoid parking it under the trees.
- If you are tired of the stubborn patches, scratches, stains, etc. then use Mopar Jeep Cleaners.
- For the windows try the Jeep Window & Plastic Restoration Kit.
- Also, keep in mind that high-pressure sprays may have adverse effects and cause irreversible damage to your jeep. So it’s better to avoid it.
- Use a portable car vacuum cleaner for keeping the interior intact and clean.
So, these are some effective tips and solutions for keeping your jeep soft top clean. Keeping in track and setting the routine can make your jeep up to mark. Purchase the few products as mentioned above, which can provide the long-lasting maintenance to your vehicle and are also affordable.