Roof racks are great for weekend getaways since they provide increased storage space while giving you the mobility you need while driving.
However, choosing the right one can be challenging, especially if you’re just starting.
Off-roading comes with so many advantages that it’s no wonder that Jeeps have become some of the most renowned off-roaders in history! Check out my Jeep Cherokee roof racks list to find the best one for yours.
Five Best Jeep Cherokee Roof Rack
1. BrightLines Aero Cross Bars Roof Racks
It is the highly sought-after roof rack for Jeep Cherokee. It is an affordable crossbar and very efficient for its asking price. Not to mention, these are for the Jeep Cherokee variant released between 2014-2022 and not for the Grand Cherokee.
- It is a high-quality accessory with mounting equipment and can withstand up to 150lbs when evenly distributed.
- It has an aero wing shape design, resulting in a smooth driving experience.
- You can adjust both the crossbars from their underside on the right-hand side.
- Installing these racks is easy, as it comes with all the fitting tools you need.
2. BougeRV Car Roof Rack Cross Bars
BougeRV car roof rack is an excellent solution for owners who have bought Jeep Cherokee models released between 2011 – 2021. It is sturdy & can carry extra luggage if there is no space in your boot. Check out more about this accessory in detail given below:
- It will fit Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Overland, Upland, Trailhawk, Summit, and North Edition vehicles.
- The total carrying capacity of this rack is up to 150lbs.
- You can carry heavy boxes, sporting goods, ladders, or luggage worth 150lbs without a problem.
- The high-grade aluminum used for its construction is 30% lighter than steel, yet the robustness is not compromised.
- You only need a screwdriver to mount this on your beloved Jeep Cherokee.
3. OMAC Roof Rack
Made for the 2014-2022 Jeep Cherokee, this black roof rack will look fantastic on your vehicle color is white and red. Having this on top of your cars will let you carry extra luggage and many things you want to take on off-road trips.
- The build quality is on par; it is strong, weather-proof, lightweight, and easy to install.
- It has an aerodynamic design that reduces wind noise while driving.
- It can handle weight up to 165lbs, allowing you to carry more items at once.
- Strong locks and keys will allow you to remove them anytime and provide theft protection.
4. EAG Black Steel Roof Rack for 84-01 Cherokee XJ
Cherokee XJ is an old-school model unforgettable to this date, thanks to its overall quality, sitting space, luggage carrying capacity, and a perfect Jeep for driving. This EAG roof rack is a must-have accessory if you still own one.
- It is a sturdy rack created for the Cherokee XJ model manufactured in 1984 – 2001.
- The front deflector reduces wind resistance and noise when you are on the wheels.
- It comes with an assembly kit that helps you mount this roof rack easily on your Cherokee XJ.
- The entire construction is made of heavy-duty steel, making it durable and capable of carrying heavy weights.
5. FengYu Roof Rack for 2014-2022 Jeep Cherokee
Suppose you have recently purchased a Jeep Cherokee to experience off-road trips. In that case, having this on your car solves the problem of carrying oversized items like surfboards, cycles, and ample luggage.
- It is tailored for normal Jeep Cherokee variants released between 2014 – 2021.
- The item has reliable construction. It has a thick aluminum bar, a durable ABS plastic clamp, and stainless steel screws.
- It can bear up to 150lbs evenly distributed loads; you can load heavy items.
- The aluminum bar comes with a powder coating protecting it from corrosion.
If you’re just getting started in the Jeep off-roading hobby, you may want to start with a basic model before moving on to more complicated designs.
Make sure to choose a rack that will fit your vehicle well and will be able to hold the weight of your cargo without sagging or shifting.
While there are many different types of Jeeps, all have a similar layout, so the rack design should be easy to understand and match up with your automobile style and color.
Most Jeep Cherokee roof racks can handle 150lbs(68Kgs) of weight; however, there are accessories capable of holding 165lbs of weight.
It depends on the roof rack design. In most cases, it is just a matter of unscrewing screws using screwdrivers.
See if your model is suitable. Look at the color, its mechanical properties like weatherproof or corrosion-resistant, and carrying capacity.