People who own SUVs or heavy vehicles often face the trouble of handling the steering while driving on rough roads or highways. This happens because of the heavyweight of the tires. Unlike the compact cars that can be managed and controlled properly on such roads, heavy vehicles often need a stabilizer to control the steering. The extra or weight of the vehicles needs to be balanced to improve the steering control. Many automobile companies install these stabilizers in their models to avoid such problems. However, it is always better to replace and install steering stabilizers as the options available for the same are better than the factory-installed ones.
A lot of Jeep owners often search for steering stabilizers that can effectively reduce the vibrations and bump steering. There are many brands today that are into the making of premium quality and heavy-duty steering stabilizers for various Jeep models. In this article, we will specifically go through the options for the best steering stabilizer for Jeep TJ. Companies design their stabilizers to fit the cars. So if you have been ignoring the bumpy rides or wobbling of your steering, then this list will be helpful to find the steering stabilizer for your Jeep. Many options stated in this list are also compatible with other models of Jeep, Ford and heavy trucks.
Best Steering Stabilizer for Jeep TJ
1. Rough Country Steering Single Stabilizer
Rough Country is one of the leading manufacturers for lift kits, coil springs and steering stabilizers for all Jeep models, trucks, SUVs, etc. This steering stabilizer kit is designed to avoid the bump steering. It also helps in reducing the front end vibrations while driving heavy vehicles. The steering stabilizer is different from all other ones available in the market as this stabilizer is installed where the vibrations are maximum, on the front end. Installing a steering stabilizer increases the life of other steering components and tires. It also works well for the vehicle running on the aftermarket tires. The stabilizer is also useful in reducing the wear and tear of the tie rod in the car. Apart from all the features, the price point of this stabilizer is also its USP.
- The steering stabilizer is easy to install as it has a bolt-on installation process. The entire process of installation can be done with the home garage tools itself without needing any special equipments.
- The stabilizer helps in improving the overall handling and control of the steering on rough roads.
- It also aids in reducing the ball joint wear and tear, thus increasing its longevity.
- The steering stabilizer is effective vibration damping for Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ, XJ and other models.
- The manufacturer offers a three-year warranty with this stabilizer kit.
2. Rancho Steering Stabilizer for Jeep TJ
The next stabilizer on this list is also an affordable alternative designed for the Jeep TJ models. These stabilizers are designed to enhance the overall performance of the vehicles as they are specially engineered for vehicles with heavy tires and wheels. The stabilizers have a 46 mm bore monotube construction, which makes it a perfect fit for SUVs, larger light trucks and other such vehicles. The design of the monotube aids in improving the heat dissipation over the twin-tube shocks. As the steering stabilizers are effective in damping the vibrations quickly, it is a good investment for the people owning such oversized vehicles. The stabilizers are also available for other car models as well, which you can check on their official site or the description.
- Rancho steering stabilizers are available in both single and dual configurations that can be installed with bracket kits for the vehicles without OE mounts.
- The stabilizers help in reducing the wheel shimmy, vibrations and the bump steer that is common while driving the heavy vehicles.
- All the stabilizers have a liquid metallic finish, which is long-lasting and also protects the oil seal and shock rod against corrosion, rust, etc.
- It is suitable for improving the off-road experience as well as street performance for the heavy vehicles.
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty for all their steering stabilizers.
3. Teraflex Steering Stabilizer for Jeep TJ
The next option for getting the best steering stabilizer for Jeep TJ is this Teraflex steering stabilizer. Teraflex is also a reputed brand that is into the making of accessories and equipment for vehicles such as brake systems, leveling kits, suspension parts, lift kits and others. It is constructed to fit the factory bolt given on the Jeep models. This particular steering stabilizer works efficiently with modified suspension and large off-road tires. As it has a larger diameter shock tube, it performs better than the factory damper provided in the car. It aids in reducing the vibrations and wobbling of the steering for large vehicles. The stabilizer, along with the lift kit, can be beneficial to help in improving the overall performance of the car.
- The stabilizers have an ideal design and construction to reduce the bump steer while driving the vehicle.
- It is also equipped with a dust shield that aids in protecting the shock rock from the damage caused due to sand or salts.
- The steering stabilizers have optimized damping for both on and off-road driving.
- The hardened and sturdy chrome rod aids the premium seal to prevent pressure loss.
- Teraflex steering stabilizers are also easy to install and come with a fast adjust knob compression adjustments.
4. Skyjacker Replacement Steering Stabilizer Kit
Skyjacker offers a range of sports kits, leveling kits and suspension kits. The brand is known for its premium quality built and durability of the equipment. Steering stabilizers is one of their top seller product. This stabilizer is specially engineered for Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models. It can provide excellent stability to medium-sized trucks as well as large trucks. Installing this steering stabilizer makes sure that the steering doesn’t wobble or shake at higher speed levels while driving on highways. A lot of Jeep TJ owners have replaced their factory-installed stabilizers with this one and are happy with its overall performance.
- The Skyjacker stabilizer helps in making sure that there is no problem with the suspension even at a higher speed.
- The stabilizer dampens the vibrations quickly and also reduces the driver’s fatigue.
- It is easy to install this stabilizer by following all the instructions in the manual.
- The steering stabilizer is also useful in dampening the shimmy from the larger tires.
- It is the best alternative for the factory stabilizers as it has more efficiency and functionality of controlling as handling the steering for heavy vehicles.
5. Explorer Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer for Jeep TJ
The last alternative to find an affordable and high-quality stabilizer is this steering stabilizer from the brand Pro Comp. The company is a trusted name in the automobile industry for its new technology equipment and its premium built. It is engineered to dampen the vibrations that are the driving factors for suspension component failure or fatigue. Stabilizers also improve the overall performance and ride on rough roads by increasing the control over steering. It has bolts to stocks mount with two eyelets. The affordable price of the alternative also makes it one of the bestsellers in steering stabilizers.
- The stabilizer is effective in reducing the bump steer problems that are generally caused by the oversized tires in trucks and SUVs.
- It is also constructed to help in handling the steering with ease and improve the overall handling of it.
- This steering stabilizer also aids in significantly reducing the wheel vibrations and increase the longevity of the tires.
- It is a perfect fit for Wrangler TJ, Wrangler YJ, Wrangler TJ Unlimited and Cherokee XJ models.
Installing a sturdy and durable stabilizer for your Jeep TJ can help to enhance the overall performance of your car. It can also reduce the strain caused to the driver and helps in handling the steering well on highways or rough roads. Apart from the steering, it also increases the longevity of the other suspension components. All the advantages and functions of the steering stabilizer are beneficial in cutting down the maintenance cost. It also helps in reducing the chances of accidents. I hope this above-stated list helps you to choose a steering stabilizer that serves all your purpose. Also, do a little research about the brand, product and features before making the purchase.